In Time



I want to walk with you, follow in your footsteps. Talk with you to find out where my good's kept. I’ve been gone away from home for so long seems like everything I try to do without you go wrong. I'm confused about a lot of things, but not with my fate so I'm depending on your holy ghost to guide me the way. You see I'm a sinner in the 3rd degree and I ain't afraid to admit it, because I’ve seen worse than me. Who am I to judge a man when I'm a man myself in the dark, trying to get me some help? I went from pawn to king, king back to pawn doing my best to try to ease out through the storm. I know that every tunnel's got an end and a light and I am prepared for a new beginning in Christ. My life is like a jigsaw dulling in time and as I'm thumbing through this jigsaw puzzle of mine, dear God please hold my hand.

It seems like every other day I'm attending a wake but I don't question you, I know that's your way, OK. I know I am living for the minute and there's a moment in time I’ve got to leave here, cause that's your design. Nothing lasts forever, not even spirit, only your word that's what I live by, 'cause that's what I heard. I wasn't there when you rose from the dead or parted the sea, I’ve never seen you, but still I believe. How you explain the moon, the sky, the stars and the rain, the sun and the sea, the earth without form facing the deep in darkness challenging the powers that be. It's impossible for scientists to make up the seas, to make up the trees…So why we turn our backs on the truth? It's heaven or hell, the point we seem to hide from the youth and I was singing this morning, got touched by the spirit so I wrote it down for others to hear it.

Lord I know that I've been wrong. They say a man is lost without a prayer, without a song so I'm singing on my knees cause I believe you'll keep me strong until it's time for me to bring it home. But until it's time for me to bring it home, I'll be out here waiting for you. Even the holy need to pray so whom am I not to pray? because when one prays it's understood that I got flaws about myself, I can't make it by myself, I need the heaven's help, I want to follow in your footsteps. I’ve seen the strongest men bow down to a higher power and gave all their glory to you because you tower over all, and in that I save this prayer. For all who have been trapped out there and stuck in their ways, its different now than back in the days, just know that ain't no coming back from the grave. So when the lights go out then you'll understand what I'm talking about.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What have we learnt from a 15,000 Euro Youth project support by the International Secretariat?

And if my life could just rewind….

Transforming a Neighborhood into a Brotherhood

Theater for Development: A fresh shift from the never ending awareness & sensitization “trainings”!

A Motivated Team: Are you Maslow or Machiavelli?